Monday, March 5, 2018

Ever changing face of Richfield’s Main Street

The construction of the new Four Points Community Health Center took a big step last week as two homes were demolished to make way for a 6,000-square foot facility in Richfield. The new center will have six exam rooms, two dental rooms, two optometry rooms, behavioral care and after hours services. While the clinic is owned and operated by the Paiute Tribe, it’s a community clinic that is open to anyone who wants to use it. Richfield Reaper

Les Olson branch store opens in Manti

Les Olson Company recently announced the opening of their ninth business location at 55 South Main St., Suite #2, in Manti. This new Manti office will provide support to all of Central Utah with locally-stocked parts and supplies for office technology needs. Sanpete Pyramid

Major renovation project in store for 12-Mile Canyon

According to the Forest Service plans, a major renovation project for 12 Mile Canyon will be completed over three years, and the 2018 project implementation efforts will be primarily focused on the Spring Hill and Town Reservoir areas.

The plans include road improvements, additional parking areas, management and construction of campsites, a new campsite, installation of new toilet facilities and improved access in various areas along 12 Mile Canyon Road. Sanpete Messenger

Historic Road Creek Inn reopens as the Capitol Reef field station; now available for rental groups

Road Creek Inn, located near Capitol Reef National Park, Fishlake National Forest, Canyonlands National Park and the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, is an historic hotel in Loa that now serves as Southern Utah University’s Capitol Reef field station.

The hotel was completely renovated in 2012, with 15 guest rooms, large gathering areas and a full kitchen, Road Creek Inn is perfect for educational programs, family reunions, weddings, youth camps and conferences.

Now more than 100 years old, Road Creek Inn offers state-of-the-art amenities such as internet access, a sauna for relaxing after a day of hiking, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, standard king and queen rooms and two deluxe suites with three king-sized beds.

SUU’s Capitol Reef field station is now open to the community for rental and to SUU student groups. The facility is surrounded by several historic Mormon pioneer towns and buildings, national parks, lakes, Native American ruins and protected forest lands, and it’s a great environment for student clubs and large groups to get away to another of Utah’s phenomenal outdoor activities. St. George News

Utah's Seasonally Adjusted Unemployment Rates

Seasonally adjusted unemployment rates for all Utah counties have been posted online here.

Each month, these rates are posted the Monday following the Unemployment Rate Update for Utah.

For more information about seasonally adjusted rates, read a DWS analysis here.

Next update scheduled for March 26th.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Utah's Employment Situation for January 2018

Utah's Employment Situation for January 2018 has been released on the web.

Find the Current Economic Situation in its entirety here.

For charts and tables, including County Employment, go to the Employment and Unemployment page.

Next update scheduled for March 23rd, 2018.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Peak Outdoors one-stop RV shop now open

Peak Outdoors is now open for business located south of Mt. Pleasant on Highway 89. Offering quality recreational vehicle (RV) repairs, parts, service and manufacturing to Sanpete County and surrounding areas. Sanpete Pyramid

Richfield Airport’s new terminal and SRE building open

The Richfield Regional Airport’s new terminal and snow removal building opened last week. Like the other upgrades in the airport project, the Federal Aviation Administration funded some 90 percent of the project, with the state of Utah and Richfield City splitting the other 10 percent. The primary function of the new $540,000 building is to house the airport’s snow removal equipment. Two different sized snowplows and a de-icing unit are stored in the new structure. It provides an area to protect equipment from the weather, as well as to make sure it is ready to go when needed. The new terminal also has a pilot’s lounge that’s set aside for working pilots who are ferrying passengers in and out of Richfield for different reasons. Richfield Reaper

Pitman Farms of California buys Norbest

Pitman Family Farms, a family-owned-and-operated agribusiness centered in California’s San Joaquin Valley, has purchased Norbest, the Moroni turkey growing operation, and will run it alongside its current family businesses. Officials say their goal is restoring the Moroni turkey plant to financial viability and saving the jobs of people who work there. Sanpete Messenger