(Click on images to enlarge.)
- The 2010 Census says--Sanpete County's population totaled 27,822 residents. That makes Sanpete County the 12th most populous county in Utah.
- Between 2000 and 2010, Sanpete County's population increased by 22 percent--slightly less than the statewide average of 24 percent.
- With over 6,100 residents in 2010, Ephraim took a commanding population lead over other Sanpete County cities during the last decade. Gunnison, Manti, and Mount Pleasant all showed roughly equivalent populations in 2010 (almost 3,300 each).
- Cities which showed the most rapid population growth (more than 35 percent) between 2000 and 2010 included Wales, Gunnison, and Ephraim.
- Cities/towns showing the slowest growth (less than 15 percent) included Fairview, Fountain Green, Manti, Moroni, Spring City, and Sterling.
- Roughly 13 percent of Sanpete County's population belongs to a racial/ethnic minority compared to almost 20 percent statewide.
- By far, the Hispanic/Latino group, which makes up more than 9 percent of the county's population, ranks as Sanpete County's largest ethnic/racial minority group.
- The Hispanic/Latino ethnic group also showed the fastest expansion of any minority group. In 2000, it accounted for 6.6 percent of total population compared to 9.4 percent today.