Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Richfield fire station opens doors

After nearly one year of construction, Richfield’s new fire station is complete. The 18,000 square foot facility features four drive-through bays, meeting rooms, offices, a commercial grade kitchen and most importantly, room to grow. The county and Richfield City will each pay half of the bond payment on a $2.3 million funding package from the Utah Permanent Community Impact Fund Board, 65 percent of which came in the form of a grant. The remaining 35 percent was a low interest loan. The general contractor on the project was Richfield based Busk Inc. Richfield Reaper